ABOUT PANCAKE MANOR
Pancakes Your Way
Many people marvel at the craftsmanship of those who constructed the church building which now houses
Pancakes at the Manor.
John Steward and Company constructed this wonderfully detailed brick building with its magnificent arches and roof in 1904. The building was then known as St Lukes Cathedral and served as home to the cathedral congregation in the period between the demolition of the old cathedral and the new St Johns Cathedral which opened in 1910.
The church then reverted to its original purpose as Headquarters for the Anglican Church Mission until the 1950s.
It also had club rooms underneath for newspaper boys.
The Restaurant Refit
Our founder, Roger Meadmore leased and refurbished the building sympathetically into The Pancake Manor in 1979. The Pancake Manor has become a Brisbane icon, known to generations of Brisbanites as the place to go day or night for quality food and great hospitality from well picked and trained staff. Who can forget not only those great family meals as little ones but also those visits at the end of a long evening when we would sit down to a late snack of good food with friends.
Pancakes at Broadway
In 1996 Pancakes at Broadway was opened on Level 2 of The Broadway Shopping Centre on Queen St Mall. This restaurant had a more contemporary feel, very popular for lunch and before/after shopping or the movies. Pancakes at Broadway closed it's doors for the last time in October 2007.
The Good Knight Bar
In 2005 the Good Knight Bar below the restaurant in the old newspaper boy's clubrooms opened. The Good Knight Bar closed it's doors for the final call in December 2018.